Saturday, September 11, 2010

"...As having nothing

...and yet possessing all things."

In otherwords: you may be sitting covered with a recurring and miserable case of hives (stress? allergies?), you may be so completely exhausted that you have to order your body to move, you may not have more than $3 dollars to your name, or at least have enough for non-necessities such as shampoo (not my current condition, PTL!)...
But it's an amazing feeling to realize that you have what really matters most in life! And once you've experienced it it's something you wouldn't trade for the world! How is it that often it takes us "nothingness" to discover what really does matter and that it dosen't take everything we think we need to have it?

In having what really matters I'm specifically speaking of God and having a relationship with Him, but this is a part of a list I made more recently on a more miserable day and have added to as a way to remind myself of Him and just a part of some of the others things I do have and am thankful for (I'm sure some of these you won't understand unless you know me well):
* The love of God!
* Family that cares enough to be there
* Others who I think of as family (you know who you are)
* Children in my life...
* Although "poor", certainly not destitute
* Music
* Choices
* MANGOES
* Inspiration
* Determination
* Diversity
* The word "no"
* The Source of peace in the midst of chaos
* Writing as an outlet
* A desire for more
* People who smile when things go wrong
* Forever and always a child of God
* Today
* That I cannot see the future
* That I can learn from the past
* Purpose
* Adventure
* Fellow adventurers
* An unconventional life
* People who hug
* A growing appreciation for the Bible
* Love for the unlovable
* Toothbrushes
* Mountains
* Wilderness
* Guitars
* Non-Chevy vehicles:)
* FB
* Things not always going my way
* Colors: such as green and sunset orange
* Healing and beauty that can come from ashes
* The occasional glimpses of enduring love
* That life isn't always fair
* Undeserved grace

"...As having nothing, and yet possessing all things." 2 Corinthians 6:10

No comments: