Sunday, August 29, 2010

Another Prayer Answer!

Last night as I was on the phone with my mom I heard another call coming in and looked down to see that it was my sister calling. Nothing could have surprised me more! Here we thought that she was still possibly without a way out trapped in no-mans-land... (I didn't post about the situation, but some of you may have heard through the grapevine of prayer chains.) In the excitement I yelled to mama that I had to go and hung up to call Emily back, but couldn't reach her so I called mama back to quickly tell her that Emily had tried me only to have her shout at me, "Go! Go!" I tried Emily again finally reaching her. It nearly put me in tears (of joy, no doubt!) We talked and talked and talked some more and later at night when I couldn't sleep I rather sheepishly called her up again. (What else are good sisters for?:)) You'll never know how wonderful it is to be able to call someone up to tell them good morning just because you can 'til you can't...
God is so good! Thank you so much to everyone who's heard of the situation at her location and has been praying! [Please keep praying though for the situation and others who are still there though.]
I'll get to see Emily this evening here in Chiang Mai and, not only that, but today is her birthday which makes it a doubly special occasion! It will be wonderful to have most of our family together again! God is good!


Happy Birthday, Emily! You're courage and adventurous spirit as well as willingness to serve are inspiring... You are a blessing! You are so loved!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Praise the Lord! I heard about Emily's situation through an email from the Kiers, so we were praying for her! I'm so thankful she is safe! Give our love to her when you see her!

Sara said...

I'm so glad you got to spend time with her on her birthday.
God is so good to time things just right like that.
And those unexpected phone calls and connections while overseas are the best...